Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back to the Blog World with New Mixed Media Journal

Even though I've been distracted by stuff that happens sometimes, I did manage some happy art time.  Being that things for me are only going up, I'm looking forward to even more fun art times and adventures.

Below are collages from a journal I'm working in with acrylic paints, oil pastels, paper, rub-ons, rubber stamps, images, and who knows what else by the time I'm done. 
 



Recently I'm really enjoying using Shiva Paint Sticks which is unusual for me because I don't care for oil paints. These are easy to use and I love the soft blended look after I rub it with my fingers on paper.  Have you used these?  Comment below to let me know all about it.  Haven't used it on fabric or anywhere else, but YouTube has several awesome videos on how to use these in many ways.  Here's a quick one for you. Enjoy!



'Till next time, enjoy your creating!!

Nelly

6 comments:

Cheeka said...

They are very pretty but the odor was so overwhelming I gave them away!

Chris said...

Hi Nelly, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

Hi Nelly, thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you will visit again, you never know what you might find:)
Hugs Marilou

deb said...

I recently made something similar, but yours is so unique and pretty!
*hugs*deb

Tristan Robin said...

September 11, 2013

* 2013 *

really?

2013?????

honey, get with it. LOL LOL LOL

UX Designers Delhi said...

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.