Saturday, October 11, 2008

Butterflies for Children -- A Worthy Challenge



Hello creative friends -- The Holocaust Museum Houston is planning this neat exhibition.
"In an effort to remember them, Holocaust Museum Houston is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies. The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition, currently scheduled for Spring 2012, for all to remember.

As of Summer 2008, we have already collected an estimated 400,000 butterflies."

I am planning on sending a butterfly and I thought perhaps some of you would like to also. Check their site for more details. http://www.hmh.org/minisite/butterfly/index.html

1 comment:

micisip.blogspot.com said...

Hi Nelly please visit my photo's in the Mixed Media Art group and look at my butterfly. I thought you would be interested in a name for your butterfly. I posted a message in Mixed Media but never heard back from you. Thanks for the inspiration. Micky (micisip)